In roughly 2 weeks it will be time for the Jenkins Family reunion at Lava Hot Springs. I am trying to be so excited.. and I am excited! I love my family.. playing games.. eating junk food, floating the river.. etc. But I am TERRIFIED of the pool and the diving boards. Last year I decided that I was Darcy McDaring Doo! And I tried (being the key word) to gainer the 2 platform. I mastered the first one and felt like a CHAMP, so naturally I was going to work my way up and impress everyone by owning the second and defeating the third. But as it so happened I freaked myself out and slipped. This was the result:
YES, those "swirlies" you see on my back are marks from my swim suit and NO the red is not a sunburn it is a WhhELT! YES it knocked the wind out of me and YES I had sharp shooting pains for days every time I took a breath! Needless to say I am scared and don't know if I should try it again. I'll let cha'll know what happens when I return.
not that i am counting but... I will be Mrs. Woodbury in 33 days! AHHHH!
Love you!
3 comments:
why would you ever even think of trying again? don't you know that if at first you don't succeed, never ever try again? no really... when it causes that much pain, that's the rule. please come back in one piece.
I would totally vote for NOT doing that ever again. There is no shame in being totally and completely rational! Love you!
too bad thats a no go now...
Post a Comment