A few weeks ago we sent my adorable cousin Parker off on his mission to Uganda. Sending missionaries off is a weird thing. I have never really had to do it before, and in the passed year 3 missionaries that I am very close to all left. Last January we sent Dillon off to Fresno, California. He has been the most amazing missionary, every time I get an email from him, I get all choked up. He is such an example to so many people and he is truly doing the best he can. I am so proud of him. I cannot believe we are nearing his one year mark! Let the count down begin! I love you Dillon Charles.
In July, I sent off my best friend Jaime Lynn. She was called the Brussels/Belgium Netherlands mission Dutch speaking! She lived in California leading up to her mission and we talked everyday, we both had office jobs so we were able to Gchat our little hearts out. I never could have prepared myself for how hard saying goodbye to her was. She came to apartment just 2 hours before she was to be set apart and we just sat on my couch and talked and laughed and enjoyed that last few minutes we had together. When I gave her that last final hug I lost it. I cried so hard my husband thought some one had died. I still cry occasionally. I miss her crazy self so much! Europe is lucky to have you Zuster Perry. Please come home soon!And finally, 3 weeks ago we sent Parker off to Africa. I think of all the missionaries I have known this is by far the scariest call of them all. Parker is such an amazing young man and will do great thing in Africa. Being at the airport saying goodbye to him was heartbreaking. He has so many people who love him so much. I didn't start crying until I looked over at Parker's dad Doug. He had to excuse himself because he just lost it. Sending his first son on a mission for 2 years to a foreign country, I cannot even imagine. Park, we are all praying for you and we love you more than you will ever know!!
I am so grateful for missionary work and the amazing blessings that it brings. Without it I probably wouldn't be where I am today. Thank you to the missionaries who taught my grandparents in Tennessee so many years ago. I am grateful for my amazing husband who served honorably in Russia for two years. It still blows my mind the things he had to go through, but was willing to do it all for the Lord. It is hard to believe that in 2.5 years, we will be sending my big little brother Cole on his mission. How can that be? I am so thrilled that all of my brothers want to serve missions. I cannot wait for them to be able to serve the Lord and bring the light of Christ into others lives. I love this gospel and I am so grateful for it.
I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a fabulous New Year.
Love,
Cassidy







No comments:
Post a Comment