Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A moment


Ya know the saying "when it rains, it pours? Life is like that right now. I, unfortunately, have a tendency to get so caught up in what is going wrong in my life and always look for the negative, that I forget to see how truly blessed I am. I had a "moment" today on my way home from work, a moment I really think Heavenly Father had me have to take me back down to reality, to show me that life could be so much worse. I have quite the commute home from work, so I always have time to think, too much time possibly. Most of the time when I get home from work, I am mellow and quiet. Today was no exception, I had so much on my mind and I had convinced myself that I was the only human in this world suffering and going through trials. I had just exited the freeway and came to a stop light. I glanced over to my right and saw the sweetest boy sitting waiting at the bus stop. He was dressed in his suit, missionary badge pinned on his jacket, walking stick in hand and the biggest grin on his face. He was in short of a sketchy part of town, sitting on the cold, hard mental bench waiting for his bus to come. As I sat there a looked at him, my heart ached for him. He was all alone in downtown Salt Lake, but he might as well been at "Disneyland" by the look on his face. His face told me that he didn't have a care in the world, he was so happy to be sitting there sun radiating down on his face, just finished his shift at Temple Square, serving the Lord. To him he was the happiest and most blessed person in the world. I sat there at the stop light as tears filled my eyes. Why can't I be more like that missionary? He has no sight and has never seen this beautiful world around him, yet he was so happy, so filled with joy and the light of Christ. I am so grateful for this moment, that I was able to be reminded that others have it so much worse. I need to take a second everyday, to sit back and reflect on all of the blessings in my life. I have a family and husband who love me unconditionally, I have the most wonderful friends, I am healthy, I have a testimony of this gospel, I have a great job, clothes on my back and food on my table. I am so blessed. I hope we all can take a second everyday to realize what life is all about. That we can remember to love with all we have, learn and grow and be the best that we can be!! I hope everyone has a fantastic week.


I read this quote today and I loved it so I thought I would share.  "I began learning long ago that those who are happiest are those who do the most for others." -- Booker T. Washington
I love you,

Cassidy

9 comments:

Sammie Noellie said...

Amen. This was beautiful and it def. Pulled at my heart strings and made me a little teary. Bless you, and that cute little guy who reminded us of what is important. Love you.

KATHRYN DAHL said...

Needed this more than you know! lifting my spirits as i write this!! love you cass!

jessandbryce said...

What a beautiful post. I think that we can all be a little better at seeing the positive. I feel blessed to have you as my friend Cass! & I need to catch up with you on some things!! Love you.

Desiree Messam said...

man, this was a much needed lesson for me! thanks cass!

Julie Ann said...

Thank you......

kendal said...

you are the sweetest girl i know....

Jocelyn Brook said...

aww that made me soo happy reading that. i loved it. and needed to hear that.. it started to make me cry. love you

Janna said...

You are amazing, Miss Cassidy Elizabeth! I love and adore you so much. I finally am trying to be a batter blog reader, and a blog updater. Thank you for your words of wisdom and inspiration. If everyone took the time to notice those special, tender moments, we would all be living in a much better more grateful place.

Ashley said...

i loved this cass. i LOVED the quote. thank you :)