Monday, February 28, 2011

Emergency Room

So for the past week I have had an excruciating pain in my lower left abdomen, I kept hoping that it would go away, but it kept getting worse and worse. I called my doctor but couldn't get in until mid-April, so I was still kind of trying to figure out what I was going to do about it. Saturday night, Trev and I were at home, just taking it easy, when suddenly the pain got so much worse. I was immediately on the floor in a ball, writhing in pain. I honestly didn't know what to do, but I knew whatever was going on was bad. Trev was being so sweet trying to figure out what was going on and what we needed to do. After about 5 minutes I told him we needed to go to the ER. We drove up to LDS hospital, which is right by our apartment thank Heavens! I got checked in and they quickly took me back. After drawing my blood, a urine sample, 2 ultrasounds, a pregnancy test and an IV they told me I had an ovarian cyst on my left ovary and it had burst! My left ovary was twice the size as my right one! The doctor wrote me a prescription for Loratab and some other pain meds to help with the pain. I was so grateful to finally figure out what had been causing me so much pain for so many days. I spent all day yesterday drugged and sleeping. I am feeling a lot better, my stomach is just really sore. I have to go back in about 4 weeks to get another ultra-sound to make sure the cyst is gone and that it is not a tumor.

I am so grateful for my husband who was so sweet and patient through it all. That was our first hospital experience together. The ultra-sound tech said it was "journal worthy" Haha!

I hope I never have to go through that ever again.

6 comments:

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

eek! I hope you never have to go through that again either! or me! haha

Sarah said...

dang girl! so glad you are feeling better and we'll pray that it's nothing more than that.

sami jo and ryan said...

sweetie girl. i'm so sorry you had to go through that! get well soon! love you.

KATHRYN DAHL said...

love butt i am glad you are doing better! That is scary! love you!

Matt and Melissa said...

Oh no Cass! I am glad you are feeling better, that sounds horrible!

Julie Standley said...

Im so glad you are okay!!